1. Pre-heat the oven to 180℃. Grease the cake tin with butter or line with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Grate the lemon and fold the zest into the mixture. Add the flour, salt and baking powder, mix until the dough is smooth, then stir in the milk.
3. Pour the dough into the cake tin, level it out (e.g. using the back of a spoon) and bake for approx. 40-45 minutes until the tip of a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
4. In the meantime, prepare the glaze: Mix the lemon juice and icing sugar until the mixture is smooth and white. If required, add a little more lemon juice or icing sugar.
5. When the cake has completely cooled, tip it out of the tin, spread the glaze and garnish with a slice of lemon.